Saturday, April 14, 2012

Thoughts...

It's been so long since I blogged.  I feel like I never have much to say.  Seems like life is the same thing every day.  Kids are growing so fast, Erik is working, I am busy with things I am doing...same ol' same ol'.

This time of year always finds me extremely busy doing something I am so passionate about...Relay for Life.  I started doing this because I lost my grandmother to Leukemia, a very close person and mentor to breast cancer, my uncle was fighting, a sweet 2 year old was fighting, and my closest friend was a survivor!  Last year the experience was something I don't think I could even put into words.  I was told it would be life changing but I didn't really KNOW how life changing it would be until I participated.

I was able to walk with survivors, was able to be honored as a caregiver to my grandmother, was able to meet those fighting and hear stories of those who lost their battle.  I was the second-highest fundraiser last year and I vowed to do the same this year.

So far I am!  :)

But sadly...this year I am adding two people to the reason I Relay.  I am adding a sweet two year old boy, Jared McDaniel.  He is only a couple weeks older than Allison and is fighting Leukemia.  It's so unfair ANY child should have to fight this battle and it breaks my heart to know there are many like him.

I am also adding my dad to my reason.  He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a few weeks ago.  Monday of last week he had a scan done because he was losing weight and having some other symptoms.  Come to find out, they found a very large mass (5 inches wide, 4 inches deep) in between his kidney and liver.  I am so very scared.  They biopsied it on Thursday and we will get results this coming Thursday.  The waiting is the worst part.  My mind goes crazy with worry and I feel stressed.  I guess the good part about the stress and the worry is that my house has never been so clean!

I am praying praying praying this mass is non-cancerous but since he already has cancer...I am not too optimistic.  He isn't either.  The doctors are not either.  :(  So I am praying.  Praying praying praying.

At any rate, our team is in 2nd place right now with the most funds raised and I am hoping we come in first again this year!  We raised over $11,000 last year - the most any team has ever raised!  YAY! 

I was asked to create a website for our team so I did...you can always check on what is happening with us (we have a bazillion events coming up) by clicking Here.  I just created it today so there is A LOT to be added so beware!

At any rate...that is where I am at.  I am fighting to find a cure for cancer and doing something I am passionate about is awesome!  I encourage all of you reading to join this fight with me!  If you would like to make a tax deductible donation, you can do so here:

CLICK HERE TO DONATE!

ANY donation - no matter how big or small is so very appreciated!

No comments: