Thursday, April 26, 2012

Update...

My dad has always been unique. Always different in a good way. It's no wonder his cancer is just as unique as he is!

He has been diagnosed with a malignant Neuroendocrine tumor. It's very rare in that only .5 percent of malignancies are this kind. That's 1-3 people per 100,000. Insane.

So he is scheduled for surgery. Pre-op is next week and surgery the following. The tumor is possibly attached to the Vena Cava which if that is the case they will not remove it. It's too risky. He will have chemo and radiation in hopes to shrink it. They also believe its attached to the small intestines which will be no problem removing as they will just remove part of his intestines.

I'm worried. A lot. Especially since its attached to a major vein in the heart. It's so scary. I love my dad so much and the fact he's going through this tears me up. The fact he can die with this surgery (as anyone can in any surgery but this is pretty risky) makes me sick to my stomach. I'm scared but I'm praying. I know God has a plan for all of us and I just want...no...need more time with him and I'm praying God allows that.

PLEASE keep praying for him!

Please also keep my grandma, his mom, in your prayers. She's 94 with fluid in her lungs and having problems breathing. She's been in the hospital a few days and was suppose to transfer to an assisted living home to gain strength. Well tonight, right at the end of dinner, I received a text from my cousin telling me she's not having visitors right now because she's had a setback. More problems breathing. I guess it's not looking good.

I feel like the weight of the world is on my shoulders right now. Between my dad and grandma I'm worried and scared. It's hard to focus on other things but I have to. It's been REALLY hard on me but I'll get through. It's a part of life.

But on a bright note...my Sweet little Allison has taken to her glasses just fine! Hardly any issue of her taking them off at all. And can you believe my precious Emily is actually reading! It blows me away when she can read something. It's SO amazing watching her! They are growing so fast! Hard to believe Emily will start kindergarten and Allison preschool this year!! Oh how time flies!





No comments: