Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Thank you Mom...
I thought of using "mom" since Mother's Day was just here and I thought it would be a perfect time to be thankful for her...
1. I am thankful my mom gave all she could to both my brother and I. My parents are divorced, they divorced when I was 4 or 5 and she raised us, working her butt off, giving us everything we needed.
2. I am thankful she taught me the importance of giving, the importance of forgiving and the importance of unconditional love.
3. I am thankful she allowed me my freedom growing up and because of that, I was a good kid.
4. I am thankful she was there for every single thing. She was there for school plays, school concerts, baton competitions, dance recitals, gymnastic classes. She was there for all the important things and I am so grateful for that.
5. I am thankful she taught me the importance of having to do things you don't necessarily want to do.
6. I am thankful she instilled in me the importance of family.
7. I am thankful she encouraged me, laughed with me, cried with me, and disciplined me.
8. I am thankful she even was there through my crazy New Kids On The Block fascination and drove me to concerts and helped us make signs and banners. (Yes...I totally DID just admit that! LOL!)
9. I am thankful she was there for the birth of my precious daughter and will be there for the birth of our next child.
10. I am thankful that not only is she my mother, but she is my friend. I am truly blessed to know such a wonderful woman. Every day she amazes me. Every day she inspires me. But most importantly...every day she is MY mom and I couldn't be more blessed!
Now tell me about that person in your life...whether your mom or someone else. :)