Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday (long blog today!)

Well it's Thursday and I felt what a great day to be thankful for everything in my life!


As crazy as it sounds - I am thankful for being sick. I am thankful because I am still breathing and still able to move around and am alive one more day on this planet - even though I am sick. There are people far worse off than me so I am thankful I am well enough to be here writing this blog.


I am thankful for my husband. Without him, I don't know where I'd be! He is such a great husband and such a great father. He is an excellent provider for our family. He works harder than anyone else I know and I truly admire that in him. Emily is so lucky to have a father like him and I am so blessed to have him by my side. He has taught me the important lesson (or rather, I am still learning it) of patience. He has taught me responsibility in areas I wasn't so responsible in before. He has taught me to trust and to learn to depend on him - especially when I was VERY independent before. He has taught me a love I have never experienced and he has made my life so much richer by being a part of it! I truly love him!





I am thankful for my friends - all of them! I have been so blessed with great friends. I have friends that would stop at nothing to help me out if I needed it. I have friends that have been there through everything. I have friends that would break into my house to bring conditioner to the hospital because I forgot to pack it. I have friends that remind me to slow down and just have fun. I have friends that are there to let me cry on their shoulder when life gets too hard. I have friends that have introduced me to the importance of tuna and egg sandwiches with champagne! I have friends that remind me that Presidente Margaritas are great. I have friends that are there to make me laugh so hard I cry. I am truly thankful for them. I am thankful for new friends, the ones I am just getting to know. I am thankful for my old friends who have come back into my life and I am getting to re-know. I am thankful for all of you!


I am thankful for my precious precious daughter. Everyday she teaches me new things. When I feel icky and stressed and tired, all I have to do is look at her smiling back at me to realize that is what life is all about. SHE is what life is worth living for. I am looking at her right now as I type this and she is just smiling at me and squealing and looking right into my eyes. It's so precious!


I am thankful for all her kisses she has given me lately. I think she's learning how to kiss and enjoying it! LOL! She sure was kissing her best friend, Baby Tad, a lot yesterday. I'd say "can you give Tad some kisses" and sure enough...she would...





I am thankful for $.59 paperclips that keep Emily occupied as I write this blog (and any time really).


And I am thankful for baby mohawks that make me laugh (and her laugh too!).


I am thankful for her laughter at silly things...



I am thankful for my parents. Without them, I would not be alive. I am thankful that they gave me life and have taught me so much. I can't even put into words how much they mean to me - my mom, dad, and step-parents. I find myself tongue-tied a lot when I go to talk about them because the love I feel and the admiration and honor I feel for them could never be expressed in words.





I am thankful for Erik's parents. Without them, he would not be alive. His sister, who is one of my best friends would not be alive either. I am so thankful for all the times they have watched Emily so we could do whatever it was that needed to be done. I am thankful they are in my life and I think I am one of the few that actually likes their in-laws! :)





I am thankful for my brother and his family. I miss them dearly and haven't seen them in a long time. They haven't met Emily yet and I can't wait for them to! It's hard when they live in Illinois and we are out here in California. But there is not a day that goes by where I don't think about them and pray for them and miss them and love them. I miss them more than they will ever know and I love them more than they will ever know! It would be so much better if they were closer - but I understand that is where there home is - just sucks sometimes ya know! I am just so thankful for the time that I do get to spend with them when they come out! I can't wait to travel with Emily and Erik to visit them as well!



I am thankful for my grandma. She is not doing too well right now and it worries me but I am thankful she is still here. I am thankful Emily has got to meet her and she has got to meet Emily. I am praying really hard that all that she is going through can be fixed. I love her more than she'll ever know.



So that's my thankful thursday thread for today. I am sure I forgot some people but just know that I am thankful for every single person in my life - in whatever capacity they are in my life. My life is truly blessed and I couldn't thank everyone enough! I will do this thread each Thursday and if you are not mentioned every single week (which some weeks I am sure will just be silly posts (like the baby mohawk) - just know I am thankful for you!

Love you all!

1 comment:

Trina said...

Aww...Looking back at 3:45 am...Seeing Mam-ma and Em as a baby...so sweet! Watchin the video of Em laughing at me makes me smile! I luff you!