Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am slow!

I have no idea why this has taken me so long to figure out. I mean, come on, it's pretty obvious, or at least should be.

The reason for my crabbiness isn't necessarily because I am knocked up. I mean, I am sure some of my raging hormones are contributing to it. But I think the real reason for it is...insomnia.

On average, I have been getting only 2-4 hours of sleep per night. That makes me BEYOND exhausted allllll day long and also shortens my fuse to where it's almost non-existent.

I have done some research and found that 78% of pregnant women go through this! Who knew! I didn't have this problem with the munchkin. So once again, as I write this, I am feeling REALLY exhausted and have a short fuse but I am trying to remind myself why I am feeling this way and trying to keep my bitchiness at bay. It's pretty difficult I must say.

I have sent an email into my doctor to see if there is ANYTHING I can do. Sure, I have read all the suggestions online, all of which I have tried, and NOTHING is working. I just can't function on 2-4 hours of sleep - even when I am not pregnant! I need way more than that.

So...here's hoping to find some sort of solution and hopefully SOON!!

5 comments:

Mrs. Buck said...

I'm sending sleepy vibes your way so hopefully you can get a good long nights sleep tonight! It's tough, but I know you can power through!

MommaKiss said...

find something you can take to sleep. I used Tylenol PM when pregnant. Get all the sleep you can now - we all know how that's gonna change when the bebeh arrives.

Firehouse mama said...

You can do unisom...I don't know if you tried that, but it helps with nausea, and definitely helped with my insomnia.

BreAnne said...

I had the same problem. I muscled through but seeing all the tips, I guess I should have asked someone. Wish I had advice, the only thing that helped me was Chamomile or Sleepytime tea.

Kimmy said...

I hope you find that solution and soon. I understand being crabby due to lack of sleep. I can't imagine feeling like that AND being pregnant.