Saturday, September 5, 2009

When all else fails...walk on bumps...

Dear munchkin...

Today you turn two. These past two years have given me so much joy, I cannot ever begin to put it into words. I have watched you grow from a newborn, to a running, talking, laughing, reading, coloring, and yes temper tantrumy two-year old.

You have learned so many new things and so have I. You have taught me a love that I have NEVER felt before. You have taught me patience when I NEVER thought I'd have it. You have taught me laughter at silly things that before I wouldn't think were so silly. You have taught me the simple joy of walking on bumps. Sounds funny doesn't it? But I think it's adorable that when your daddy and I are stressed out and we hear from the back seat of the car "I want to walk on bumps" that we can remember that life can be so simple and little things like that can bring so much joy. I take that with me and try to remember that when I am stressed, just enjoy the little things, and walk on bumps.

You have showed me how amazing a hug can feel. You have helped me grow as a person. You have made me cry just by rocking you to sleep. Not a bad cry, but an "I am so overwhelmed with love right now" cry. You have given me more than words can express. All in the short span of two years.

You mean the world to me. I am so excited and so very proud to call you my daughter. My love will only continue to grow for you. I will always be there for you every step of the way. I will protect you and love you. I am excited to see what this world holds for you. THANK YOU for being MINE.

I love you...

Mommia

5 comments:

Kimmy said...

What a beautiful and sweet tribute to your baby!!
Happy Birthday!!!!

The Wife O Riley said...

Happy Birthday!

Bee said...

OMG u just made me cry!!!! Ur daughter is so lucky to have u as her mom, I can feel the love that u have for her radiating from my computer screen. Thank u for sharing such a special letter <3

BreAnne said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love it.

Young Momma said...

Beautiful. Happy B-day lil girl! You're lucky to have such an awesome mommy!