Friday, July 16, 2010

If You're a Slacker And You Know...Clap Your Hands!

CLAP CLAP! I'm a slacker. I don't blog like I once did. At one point I blogged every single day. I also hosted Thankful Tuesday - and spent time updating friends/family on life. Well, now life and kids have gotten in the way lately. I guess that's what happens - especially when you add a new baby to the mix. This stay-at-home-mom stuff is tough - especially with two! I LOVE it - but it occupies more time than it once did!

At any rate...we have been a busy family!

My brother and his family were in town which is always so wonderful! We were able to go to Marine World, have a sleep over and swim. We were also able to go out to breakfast and crawdad fishing on their last day!









This year we were also able to celebrate fireworks together for the first time. Erik and I have never really been able to relax and watch fireworks in the 7 years we have been together. When I was pregnant with Emily we watched them while he was on shift - until he got a call and I was there watching without him. Every year he has to work the 4th - either mandatory OT or he's just been on shift that day. This year we found out the Country Club has fireworks on the 3rd so we BBQ'd and headed up there for the show! It was SUCH a nice day!


This was the only picture we took on the 3rd! I can't believe it!

On the 4th we watched the parade at a friend's house. It was nice to be able to have a perfect SHADED view - especially since it was super hot that day! Emily played with some friends before it started and we all hung out. It was a perfect morning!



That night, Erik went off to work and the girls and I, along with Erik's parents, headed over to Marine World to watch the fireworks. The fireworks were AWESOME and we had the BEST view! Honestly, I've never seen better fireworks! Emily had her earmuffs on to drown out the loud "bang" and she had a BLAST! (Even if it did take us 2.5 hours to drive 5 minutes home (accident at the front gate which closed the exits down)).


In other news...Allison now has four teeth and is clapping her hands! As of this morning she appears to be trying to crawl although has no idea what she's doing. It's just the absolute beginning of her trying to move - and it's hilarious to watch!

Emily is just growing growing growing. She is a super funny kid and is just so amazing! She's been doing GREAT being potty trained and I couldn't be more proud!

2 comments:

MommaKiss said...

Great pics!! Is Allison clapping her hands because she's a slacker? :p

Kimmy said...

Sounds like fun and glad you all had a wonderful time!!