Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If You Really Knew Me 2...3...4...

So I've been busy the past few days and haven't been able to keep up on my 30 days of truth.  So here you go...3 big ol' truths all in one!

Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.

I love my heart. My ability to love. My ability to love so many different things. I love helping people - out of the love in my heart. I love making others smile. I love making birthdays and holidays special for those I love. I love my family and friends with a type of love I could never explain in words, only through feelings. I love the funny little things I see my kids do...or even funny or adorable things others do. I love my husband with a love that would never be able to be captured in words. I love my friends as if they were my own brothers and sisters. I love my parents and brother with a love that once again, could never be explained in words. I love that through all my heartaches and trials and tribulations, I have never let my heart turn cold and refused to love or have forgotten how to (which sadly I have known people to do). I love the feeling of love. :)

Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.

This needs some thinking. There are a lot of things I need to work on forgiving myself for. But I think the biggest one is I need to accept and forgive myself for not being perfect. Sounds kinda ridiculous typing that out since no one is perfect. But I tend to want to be the best wife and mom and friend and everything. But I am not. I am not going to be the perfect wife. I am not going to be the perfect mom. I am not going to be the perfect friend. I am not the perfect daughter or sister. I need to work on forgiving that in myself and to just work on being me - the me that I am...imperfections and all. That's a tough one. I hate disappointing others but I think the more I strive to be perfect for everyone else - I only end up disappointing myself.

Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.

This will actually be talked about tomorrow in my Pour Your Heart Out Wednesday. But I need to really work on forgiving my grandparents. It's a work in progress. I don't hold any hatred towards them, I just need to work on forgiving them. You can read more about it tomorrow!

No comments: