Saturday, August 21, 2010

If You Really Knew Me...

If you really knew me...you'd know that I hate the fact that I am insecure.  I am insecure in a lot of things...looks, weight, intelligence, parenting, being a good wife, cooking, pretty much everything.  It's not a fun place to be and it's something I need to spend time working on.  A lot of time working on.  It's a constant work in progress for me. 

A lot of people have told me they had no clue I possess this negative self-image of myself.  Some know that I am shy and some know that I am not happy with how I look right now, but a lot of people don't know the real feelings behind my smile.  Nor do people know that sometimes, my smile is fake.  But...you gotta fake it 'til you make it some days and that's what I do. 

So...there you go...the first truth to all of you in this challenge.  I encourage you to play along!  You can find the list of truths right after this post.

1 comment:

Kimmy said...

Oh boy do I feel you on this one!!! As we've shared before...you and I are more alike that we had ever thought!!!!! Let me say though, you are a very beautiful, smart, sweet, honest, wonderful friend and person I know. I hope that you soon see that about yourself!