Darcie tagged me to do the following and since I am sucker for these things...I figure why not!
Now I may not have 7 people to send it to but I will at least include some of you! :)
So 7 random facts about little ol' me:
1. I have really bad knees. I have had surgery on both knees in order to stop them from dislocating. My knee caps sit up too high and slant off to the side which makes me a prime target for them to dislocate. They have dislocated walking across the street, running up a hill, dancing, and doing gymnastics. I have lost count how many times it has happened. They have "subluxated" (meaning gone out and back in) from putting on panty hose, stepping wrong, and just everyday walking. Again, I have lost count on how many times that has happened. IT'S ANNOYING. They haven't dislocated in a long time but they still subluxate. I have had to deal with the pain from one surgery (that I got in 1988) for years. The second surgery (done in 2003) was a breeze and it is AMAZING to me how advanced the surgical procedure got. In 1988 I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and rehab for months. In 2003 I was out on the dance floor meeting my husband 2 weeks after the surgery! In my left knee (the one done in 1988) I can tell you when the weather is changing (which if I have it right should be in the next few days) and I can just be sitting on the couch when it swells for no reason. Fun times!
2. I am NOT a fruit/veggie person. I haven't been for most of my life. Amazingly I have very low cholesterol and am really regular (not like you need to know that!). I am more healthy than some people that I know that do partake in fruits and veggies on a regular basis. The older Emily gets the more I am going to change this horrible horrible habit of mine...but I know it won't be easy for me! The weird thing is...I have a cousin who is EXACTLY the same...but a little worse than I am!
3. I squint. I think I got that habit from my dad because he does it too. I squint when I am tired (and just caught myself doing right now). I squint when I am bored. I squint when I am thinking. It looks like a smile but not like MY smile (if that makes sense).
4. I love ABBA. Yes...I love Dancing Queen. Yes, I love Take a Chance on Me. Yes, I love every single song they sing. Again, I think I got that from my dad. I also think I know almost every single song of theirs by heart.
5. I am hair-incompetent. The only way I know how to do my hair is down or pulled into a bun/pony-tail contraption. If I am going out, I wear my hair down 100% of the time. If I am at home or running a super-quick errand, then I will pull all my hair back. I wish I knew how to curl my hair so it's cute or pull it up into some sort of fancy something-or-other. I wish I knew how to even pull my hair back for casual wear in something OTHER than a bun/pony-tail contraption, but I don't.
6. My second toe is longer than my big toe. It's hereditary on my mom's side.
7. I love to read. It's weird...the older I get, the more I enjoy it. Right now I am out of books to read! I can't believe it! But...I know what my next book is that I want to read. I will be purchasing it SOON. I find it VERY hard to read fiction books and usually enjoy non-fiction. The ONLY fiction I have read in years and years has been Jodi Piccoult. I now REALLY like her and will be purchasing another one of her books for my next read. But...if it were not for her...I would strictly be reading non-fiction. It is REALLY hard for me to get into a fiction book! :)
Now...I am tagging some people. I doubt I will be able to tag 7 of you so forgive me! These are in no particular order!
First...I am tagging Trina. She is new to the blogging world and I want to help her establish her blog as best I can! :)
Second...Kimmy. She likes things like this and I think she'll have fun with it!
Third would be Serenity/ I also think she'd like doing this.
Fourth is Mimi. I love reading her blog and am curious of what she has to say!
So that's it. Just four people! Hope you all participate! :)