Tuesday, October 14, 2008

For my husband...

Dear Sweetheart...

It was nice to get to talk to you earlier! I am glad you are not doing too much today other than sitting in front of Cedric the Entertainer and Smokey Robinson's houses making sure they don't catch on fire! I hope you can sneak a picture or two in of one of their houses...preferably Smokeys! :) You know how I love my Motown!

I am praying that the winds don't shift like they are predicting which will cause you guys to work. I know you WANT work...but for my peace of mind...I don't want you to! I'd rather you just do structure protection with no flames around! I know that's ludicrous but like I said, for my peace of mind, that's what I want! :)

I saw on the news how the fire grew from 3,000 acres to 10,000 overnight. I saw how there is 0% containment and no containment date in sight. I hope you come home soon! I already miss you even though you'd normally be on shift today! I guess there is something about you being all the way in Los Angeles and not in the next town that makes me miss you more!

I wish you were here to see our baby girl walking. You mentioned you couldn't see the videos I sent but were able to see it on the blog! I am uploading another video I took just for you to see her in action today! She hasn't mastered standing on her own so I have to help her with that but as you can see, she's figuring out the steps more! Sometimes she steps sideways like she is going around the coffee table but that's okay! She's doing it on her own! I CAN'T WAIT for you to see it in person!

At any rate, here is the video. I hope you can see it!



I miss you and I love you. PLEASE be safe. I don't know what I'd do without you! I know you are with a good crew and I had a big sigh of relief when you said that Jim was with you too. I hope you get some rest tonight! I hope like all the other strike teams they will put you in a hotel rather than in the tents. But, if they do put you in the tents, I hope you sleep. I hope you start to feel better soon too! All three of us are hanging onto this cold thing. It's about time we get rid of it!

Well I love you, I hope to talk to you soon. PLEASE be safe. Come home soon! Emily and I will be sure to say extra prayers for you and all the firefighters down there with our nightly prayers!

Love you forever...

Your wifey

4 comments:

Mom said...

Welcome to SITS!

I will also be adding a few prayers for everyone in that area. Sorry y'all are apart and I hope y'all are back together soon.

Your daughter is adorable.

Meaghan said...

What a darling :) Welcome to SITS its great to have ya!

-Meaghan

MommaKiss said...

Jeez, that was nice.

I'm all goosebumply.

Anonymous said...

Aw Denise... That was really sweet.
I hope he gets a chance to read it while he is down there! :)