So here is this week's assignment...
I had to choose from the following:
1. Put Shaggy (Scooby Doo's partner) and Batgirl in an elevator and write a 200 word scene.
2. Write about a time you hid from someone, or a time you disguised who you really were.
3. List 10 things worth saving then choose one of those things and write about it.
4. What did you do before we had the internet?
So I chose number 3 (and I am going to write about all of them)! :) These are in no particular order!
10 Things Worth Saving...
1. Pictures and not just on the computer - but actually printing them out! If your computer crashes and you have all of them stored there...then what?? I am on a mission to print out my pictures or at least save them to a different hard drive in case the computer crashes. Maybe I am being overly worried but I think pictures are important to have!
2. Articles/newspaper clippings of family members. When they pass you'll be thankful you have them)
3. Money for your retirement. You may not even be close to retirement right now but when the time comes...you will want that money there so that you can stop working and enjoy your life!
4. Money *in case* of an emergency. This is a hard one for me to do, but it's important for those unexpected emergencies. The car breaks down. You lose your job. Your child breaks someone's window.
5. Yourself. When I say "yourself" I mean that we all go through hard times. We all get in a funk. The only person that can make you happy is YOU. Life isn't easy and it's important to put *you* first and be the healthiest you that you can be. It's important to do that for your children, your spouse, your family and your frends, but most importantly - for YOU.
6. Coupons. There is nothing wrong with using coupons when shopping. I never use to but I sure do now. I think it's great to get $4 off a box of diapers or to receive 10 extra jars of baby food for free. Why pay out more money when you don't have to?
7. Your marriage. If you are having marital problems that can be fixed - then by all means fix them. I believe that marriage isn't something that should be entered into lightly. For those that don't know, I do divorce law for a living. I see SO many people coming in for a divorce over issues that probably could have been worked through. Maybe I am old-fashioned but I believe that vows are sacred. They aren't just words you say in front of everyone...they are words you mean with everything in you. I believe that if you are married and thinking of divorcing that it is important to try anything and everything you can to save your marriage. If after trying EVERYTHING and finding nothing can salvage the marriage, then, and only then should divorce or separation be an option.
8. Our children. Save our children from the world. Save our children from the drugs. Save our children from abuse. Save our children from all the negativity. Save our children from poverty. Save our children from violence. Save our children from gangs. Save our children from destruction. Save them from all the bad. Teach them. Love them. Put your faith in them.
9. Your friends. Save your friends...your *true* friends. Life would be lonely if you didn't have at least one friend that you know is there for you. Friends do come and go but save the ones worth keeping in your life. Hold them and hold your relationship close.
10. Memories. Save all your memories as best you can. The older we get, the harder it is to remember things. Save your memories by writing them down, taking lots of pictures and putting all of it away for safe keeping! You may be happy to have them one day. Your family will be thankful too! :)