Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cachinnate

Today is my weekly assignment given to me by a fellow blogger. I had four choices to choose from. I figured the one requiring me to open a dictionary and close my eyes, point to a word and then write about if it means something to me or not would be different and fun.

My word...

cach·in·nate [kak-uh-neyt] –verb

to laugh loudly or immoderately.

This word totally suited me today. For one, I need to laugh more. Laughing does SO MUCH for one's soul. It can instantly get rid of a bad mood, tension, stress, depression, sadness, irritability, anxiety, grief, you name it. Laughter is one of the best medicines there is. I have gone through A LOT this year...losing family members to death, friends to differences, and even a part of myself to the new role I have undertook...the role of a new mommy/wife and stay-at-home mom (while trying to create balance because I am still a business owner). It's been hard on me and it's been a hard adjustment. I haven't been laughing as much as I have in the past and I am determined to change that...and yesterday helped...

I spent pretty much all day yesterday "cachinnating". My friend Val's daughter (they have both been mentioned in this blog quite a few times) turned one yesterday so we spent the day together with our girls, champagne, and laughter. I feel blessed to have found a friend who can laugh her ass butt off with me at silly things our girls do (or don't do), can drink champagne at 1pm, and can eat chocolate chip morsels out of the bag! :)

It was SUCH a great day yesterday that I still find myself "cachinnating" today! :)

Cheers to friends, toddlers, laughter and champagne! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cachinnated a lot yesterday, and even today reminiscing about all the cachinnating that went on, it made me cachinnate all over again :)
I too am grateful for the friend I have found in you.

Awww. We just had a warm fuzzy moment didn't we.

ps. my computer does not recognize this word cachinnate. It thinks it should be machinate (which is a verb meaning 'engage in plots and intrigues; scheme) when I spell check it! :)

Unknown said...

That's kind of a fun word...I must be sure to add it to my regular list of "big" words...lol...Great post.!

Me said...

Ooooh, champagne. Now that is something worth cachinating about :).

Rachel said...

Yes indeed...we all need to laugh more..love the word and will incorporate into my vocab...whom I kidding.
First time visiting and love your blog...you have a beautiful family. I will definately be back!

Weeksie50 said...

What a fun intersesting word. I have never heard it before.. How sad is that? I love to laugh too. A girls night is tons of fun.. and chocolate chips straight from the bag.. yummo.

Claremont First Ward said...

Hey, I learned something new today. Thanks for the post!

KatBouska said...

Your little one is adorable and like you, I had a lot of adjusting to do when my first was born. They take a lot out of you and it can be a little overwhelming!!

Thanks for reminding us both how important it is to cachinate!! :)

T said...

I think everyone can always use some more laughter in their life!!