Thursday, September 4, 2008

For My Precious Daughter...

To my precious daughter, Emily...

Today is your first birthday! I can't believe it's been a year since you entered the world! You had entered our hearts long before you made your appearance but our love for you has grown stronger and stronger with every second of every day.

I remember when the doctor said "we have feet" as you were being born. I could not see what was going on, but I knew you were here...you were mine...you were everything to me! I heard you cry and I started crying too knowing that my daughter was now here. I was so exhausted from 3.5 hours of pushing, but when I saw your beautiful face with your amazing bright blue eyes taking in the world...all that pain, all that tiredness, all that exhaustion went away. You were so unbelievable that I could never put it into words! You were BY FAR the absolute BEST birthday present I could ever have!

This past year has been so awesome! I can't believe how incredibly blessed I am. It is so amazing to see you grow and learn and become the person you are. Your personality is so awesome and we are so incredibly blessed with such a happy happy baby!

Your smile and laugh can melt even the hardest of hearts. Your outgoing personality can make anyone having a bad day instantly feel better. Your beautiful curious eyes are just so amazing to watch as you take the world in. I can get lost just watching you for hours.

I love the hugs you give. I love your slobbery kisses. I love when you have to hold my hand, or pull my hair, in order to sleep. I love napping with you, falling asleep holding hands. I love hearing you try to say new words like "green" or "pretty" or "mommy" instead of "momma". I love how you laugh at silly things that I do. I love how you are experiencing all your "firsts" and I love that you do it with so much amazement. There isn't anything about you that I don't love. You are truly everything to me. You are my heart. You are my soul. I am proud you are my daughter. I don't know what I have done in my life to be so incredibly blessed...but I must have done something right!

I love you baby girl! Happy First Birthday!

Love,

Mommy

For those interested click here to read her birth story

And now my tons of photos taking me down memory lane....

From just a little bean...



To 20 weeks pregnant...


To 32ish weeks pregnant...


38 weeks pregnant...


To just getting ready to go in to deliver you...


To the moment of your birth...


and the moments after...






To just growing up...





















3 comments:

Darcie said...

I absolutely love this post!!! I'm getting all nostalgic over it too because I remember you posting all these pictures in 2230 and 2231 and 2238! LOL

Happy Birthday Emily!

Anonymous said...

That made me cry! You are so good with your words, and I felt everything you said.

Happy Birthday Emily!
and you too Denise! :)

Anonymous said...

that was beautiful, D. em is lucky to have such a loving amazing mama!