Yesterday I had my weekly writing assignment and I was torn on doing 10 things I believe in and writing the letter to someone I missed dearly. Since I didn't do the 10 things I believe in...I thought I'd do it now! :)
10 THINGS I BELIEVE IN...
1. Family. No matter how crazy we all are and how irritated we can become at one another...family keeps me going. I have such an amazing family and I have amazing in-laws too! I am truly blessed these people are in my life! Family is what helps you through the tough times. Family is what you create memories with. Family is what keeps me going! :)
2. Friends. Where would I be without my friends? I am TRULY TRULY blessed with amazing friends. You know you have true friends when you are sick beyond belief and throwing up, feeling like you are dying, and you can make a phone call and they will show up to take your daughter so you can rest. You know you are truly blessed when you can just be YOU around your friends. It's nice that you don't have to worry that an email isn't long enough or worded right. You don't have to worry that you didn't ask the right questions when sending an email. You don't have to worry that you are busy and had things going on (like a death in the family) and forgot to wish someone a happy birthday or happy anniversary...true friends know that you love them and your thoughts are with them and are probably more worried about what you are going through rather than wishing them happy birthday or anniversary. True friends GET you. You don't have to censor what you say, you don't have to walk on egg shells and you don't have to explain yourself. True friends WANT you in your life and take a general interest in your life - without having to ask them to do so. I am TRULY blessed that the friends in my life right now don't require all those things from me. I am truly blessed with the wonderful friends who love me just as I am!! :)
3. Myself. It's not easy to say "I believe in myself". There are days that I find it hard to believe in a lot of things, especially myself. But you know what? I know I can do anything I set my mind, soul or heart to. I am capable of anything. I am capable of everything.
To read more on the story of this pic...click here.
4. My Marriage. I am not saying my relationship is perfect. In fact I have yet to see a perfect relationship. But I do believe that Erik and I are meant to be and I do believe in our marriage. That doesn't mean there aren't times I want to throw in the towel and walk away. That doesn't mean we don't argue over the stupidest things. That doesn't mean that I don't want to strangle him sometimes. But with all those arguments and tough times, I believe in US. I believe we can make this work. I believe we can get through anything (I think we have already been tested in that aspect) and I think HE is the one I want by my side, sitting on a swing, talking (or not...(sometimes not talking can be the best conversation you have)) when I am old. He is not only my husband, but he is my best friend. I am lucky to have found him and I love him madly.
5. My daughter. I will always believe in my daughter 110%. She is my everything. She has the entire world at her fingertips and I know she can and will do anything and everything she sets her mind to. I will always be her biggest advocate, her strongest supporter, her mother, and her friend.
6. My Higher Power. I believe in God. But...I also believe that even though I don't go to church, nor do I witness to others, that I am not banned from heaven nor do I believe I am a bad person for it. God has helped me through some very tough times in my life when there was no other way to explain how I made it through, other than by a higher power.
7. Karma. I believe in karma 100%. What goes around WILL eventually come around. It may not be today. It may not be tomorrow. It may not be next year. But karma will eventually bite you in the ass. It may also bring you positive things as well. I try and live my life in a way that keeps bad karma away and keeps the positive always coming back.
8. Laughter. What is life without laughter? There is nothing more enjoyable than a laugh filled with tears and a tummy-ache!
9. Honesty. Like karma, I believe that if you are not an honest person that whatever you feel you need to lie about WILL eventually come out. The truth ALWAYS does. Like with karma, it may not be today, tomorrow or even next year...but the truth will ALWAYS come out.
10. Champagne. When all else fails...crack open a bottle of champagne and just take a breather! There is nothing better than good friends and family around, laughing my ass off, while having some champagne!
What do you believe in?