So today is Thankful Tuesday! If you would like to play along - please read the post under this one for the rules! :)
What a great day to be thankful for family! Thanksgiving is fast approaching (as in 2 days!) and as I am preparing to cook for 17 people and have 19 people over (2 are not eating with us) - I have found it a bit overwhelming. I need to remember what family is all about and this is my list...
1. I am so thankful for my grandmother. Although she is no longer with us, words could never express how much she means to me. If it was not for her, none of us alive in our family today would be here. She created my mom and my uncles and in turn they blessed all of us with their children and then their children's children and so on and so forth. She was the matriarch of our family and I am SO thankful that she is my grandmother. It's been a hard month for me. First, her birthday was earlier this month and then with Thanksgiving fast approaching, it is another reminder she is no longer with us. It's only been 3.5 months since she passed, but it feels like it has been years already.
2. I am so thankful for my mother. She is not only my mother, but she is also my best friend. I am truly truly blessed to have such a wonderful mother and an inspiration in my life. She means the world to me.
3. I am so thankful for my father. He means the world to me. I am definitely Daddy's Little Girl. He has taught me a lot about life and a lot about business and I couldn't be more thankful for such an amazing person in my life! I am truly honored to be able to call him "Dad".
4. As weird as this will sound...I am so thankful my parents got divorced. They have blessed me with AMAZING step-parents who have been in my life for over 27 years! My step-mom is just an amazing woman who has taught me a lot about life. I love her immensely. My step-dad is an amazing man with a heart of gold. There aren't many things he wouldn't do for those he loves.
5. I am VERY thankful - so thankful in fact that I cannot even really put it into words - for my husband. He has helped start our little family. Because of HIM - I am able to have a family of my own! I am SO thankful that he chose ME!
6. I am BEYOND thankful for my daughter. She is my everything. Words could never ever express the love I feel for her. She is not only the most beautiful creature on this planet...but the most wonderful thing to ever enhance my life!
7. I am so thankful for my in-laws! Yes...I am one that actually loves her in-laws! My mother-in-law has a heart of gold. She would give you the shirt off her back - even if she wasn't wearing one! My father-in-law is equally as wonderful as well! He has a heart of gold and there isn't anything he wouldn't do for his children (meaning me too!).
8. I am so thankful for my sister-in-law. She is not only my sister, but also one of my best friends! She has been there for me during times when others walked out. She has been there for me through A LOT of major life events and I cannot put into words how much I thank her for that! I am so thankful that she has given me a ton of laughter - the tears-rolling-down-your-face-rolling-on-the-floor-(literally)-can't-catch-your-breath-about-to-pee-your-pants type of laughter, a billion memories and most of all...unconditional love! She has reminded me of who I am and where I need to be at in my life and has encouraged me along the way! I truly thank her for that!
9. I am thankful for my friends that I consider my family. There are some that I sometimes forget that aren't related! They have been there for me when I needed a helping hand. They have been there to listen. They have been there to make me laugh to where I almost pee myself. They have been there to do dorky things with me and not care if they are dorky too! They have been there to remind me that I am a great person - even when I don't always feel that way. They have been there to hold my hand when needed. They have shown me what TRUE friends are - when I thought I had true friends - only to find out that some of them never were! I couldn't be more thankful for the amazing friends in my life right now. I wouldn't change them for the world!
10. I am thankful for all the other relatives in my life. My aunts and uncles, my cousins and all of Erik's family. THEY are what makes life more funny, more warm and fuzzy and just more beautiful. I am TRULY TRULY TRULY blessed for having them all a part of my life!