Okay Mama Kat, I was only going to do one part of your assignment this week. After my horrible attempt at a 16-line poem, I told myself I was done and let's see what happens next week. I did think about doing the pet peeve post but I ALWAYS do the "list 10 things" prompts.
But...after the morning I have had...it felt fitting! I think I experienced almost every single one of my pet peeves before 1030 this morning! Amazingly, I did not let it get to me and ruin my day like I normally would!
So...here goes my list...
1. Liars. I did not experience anyone lying to me today so far which is good. I CANNOT stand people that lie. What is the point? Okay, sure, I have told little lies - ALL of us have. If you say you have never lied...you are lying. But what gets me are the people that make up ridiculous stories that you KNOW are not true. I mean seriously, do you REALLY think anyone is believing you? People are being polite and nodding because there is no sense in trying to tell you that you are lying. I also CANNOT STAND those that lie about other people. I had a person in my life that I found out lied about me - A LOT. She lied to my face and lied behind my back. I was blessed to have someone forward me the emails she was saying behind my back and that ended the ties I had with her. Just a word of advice...if you are going to lie...keep in mind that the truth will ALWAYS come out. It may not be today, it may not be next month or even next year...but it will ALWAYS come out.
2. Other moms. Now let me preface by saying that there are other moms that I LOVE. I learn from them, I laugh with them, I complain with them and I sympathize with them. But then...there are those ones that you DON'T really know...those ones lurking behind the corner (or rather, by the shopping carts at Old Navy today) that have to say those little remarks about your parenting. So to the Old-Navy-Nosy-Annoying-Lady...
No, she doesn't need a jacket. She was in a sweater and was actually pretty warm. No, she doesn't need a shopping cart cover for this trip. Yes, we have a shopping cart cover but I didn't plan on stopping here so it's at home. Yes, I know how to buckle her into the shopping cart, believe it or not, I have done it for 14 months, today. No, she isn't mad and wanting to leave the store when she says "bye bye" - she says "bye bye" ALLLLLLLL the time. No, I am not incompetent clipping her in the cart and no she doesn't think I am either. She says "whoa" to a lot of things too. It doesn't mean I am bothering her. No, I did not pinch her when I buckled her in. If I had, she wouldn't have said "whoa", she would have screamed and cried. Trust me, I have done it before. Yes, the strap was tight, but I loosened it - give me a minute. No, I didn't bring her diaper bag in for the quick trip I was in there. And once again...no...she didn't need you, nor did I, to go get a jacket that I should buy for her so she is warm. SHE WAS ALREADY WARM ENOUGH.
There is a reason I bought this shirt a while ago, but no worries, I bought it in pink. Today the munchkin was in blue and as the Old-Navy-lady pointed out, with her short hair, wearing blue will make her look like a boy. Thanks Old-Navy-lady. I meant it when I said I KNOW how to take care of my daughter...and yes...I REALLY meant to say it the way I did.
3. Tailgaters. I know I have been guilty of doing this myself. I am not going to lie. I have even been ticketed for it...twice. Since then, and especially if Emily is in the car, I have REALLY backed off on doing that. But Mr.-Tailgaiter-on-780-today-who-rudely-flipped-me-off, you aren't going to get that much further when there is someone in front of me going just as *slow* (slow meaning 78) as I am. Get off my ass. I am sure you could see my daughter in the back looking at you. Now come to think of it, YOU are probably the reason she started crying. There was no need to flash your lights and honk and then when I get over, flip me off. Yeah, now I am convinced. It wasn't that the munchkin was hungry that she cried...it was because of you! Jerk. I can only go as fast as the car in front of me. Funny how when I got off the freeway...you were RIGHT in front of me!
4. Impatient people waiting for my parking spot. Sorry Costco lady that I took "FOREVER" (as I heard you say to your passenger) getting in my car. Dont' follow me down the aisle in the first place! I had a cart to unload (as I am sure you noticed), a baby to put inside the car, and a cart to return. Yes lady, I do return carts. I heard you get annoyed with that too. You getting pissy...makes me PURPOSELY go slower! Didn't you see the spot about 5 spaces up from me? Quit being lazy and park there and quit complaining!
5. Complainers. We all complain. Life isn't always easy so there are times we complain. Lord knows I am pretty guilty about this one. BUT...the ones that bug me...are the ones that complain about the election but DON'T vote. Mr.-I-Didn't-Vote-But-Hated-How-Things-Turned-Out...there is a REASON people vote. Yes, I agree, by the times our polls closed, Obama was announced. BUT...the other things you were complaining about were specific to California. YOU could have cast your vote. You are certainly old enough to vote. The Registrar office was JUST down the street from where we were. You even said "I should have voted". And yes...you should have. Here is a sticker for you!
6. Blog Stalkers. You know who you are. You come to my blog and read and then never leave a comment - EVER. Don't you know that I see you?? Leave me a comment...at lease once!! I don't bite...promise! :)
7. Kissing the Munchkin. Okay...if I know you - go ahead and love on the munchkin all you want! But...this has now happened TWICE where a random stranger KISSED my baby. I am okay with touching for the most part but kissing? NO. So to the little-lady-at-Costco-today...DO NOT KISS MY BABY. Just because she waves and says "hi" 390580325832058 times DOES NOT translate to "please come kiss me!". I do not know you and that is MY child. PLEASE don't ever do that again to my child - or anyone elses for that matter. It is NOT okay.
8. Line Cutters. There is a reason there is a line. You need to stand in it and wait your turn just like EVERYONE else does. So today...to Ms-Thinks-That-Just-Because-You-Talked-To-The-Clerk-Earlier-That-You-Can-Cut-In-Front-of-Everyone-In-Line...YOU CAN'T DO THAT. See the sign? First of all, the line you are in is for ATTORNEYS. You are not one. Get into the Pro Per Line and wait just like everyone else. I have experienced this SO many times - not just at the court - but a lot of other places. It's already annoying to be in a SLOWWWWW line - but when someone jumps in front of you - makes it even worse. Grow some patience and wait like everyone else.
9. Getting in My Personal Space. If I am at the checkstand, PLEASE don't stand 10 inches from me. GIVE ME SPACE. To the lady at Old Navy...had I took a stepbackwards or to the left, I would have stepped on you. Thankfully I moved to the right to avoid that but SERIOUSLY???? Why do you need to be that close? There was NO ONE behind you. SCOOT THE HECK BACK!
10. The Munchkin's Aquarium. I love my daughter - more than words could EVER express. I LOVE when she naps and when she is asleep. Not because I don't like to be around her - but just because sometimes I need a break! She has this aquarium in her crib that she is obsessed with. It isn't her fault it bugs me. She doesn't know any better. It is my own fault for having it in there. I can't take it away from her crib because she loves it THAT much. But...when she wakes up - the FIRST thing she does is hit the button on her aquarium. I think sometimes she even hits it in her sleep. At any given moment in the night I will hear it go off. This will happen at 2 or 3 or whenever she feels like it. I usually try and set it to the ocean-sounding mode but she has learned how to change it and she prefers the music so if she is awake enough, she'll stand up and change it. Somehow...she always seems to change it to the LONGEST one. The music on that thing seems SO SO SO SO loud as it blares through the monitor in the middle of the night - or just when I am having my much needed break. And would you look at that...she just hit the button - break time is over! :)