Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I Am Me...
It's always SO HARD for me to find things about myself that I like - or are even thankful for. That is not necessarily a good thing and I hope that I can start to love myself more and like myself more and if this assignment comes up again...be able to write without thinking forever...
So here goes...
1. I am thankful I am sitting right here at this computer. I am happy to be alive on this planet. I am thankful I am alive to watch history in the making today!
2. I am thankful that I can walk. I know that sounds funny - but I have two REALLY horrible knees that limit SO MUCH of what I can do. I complain about them and how they hurt when the weather changes or how I can't do fun things like snowboard or water ski - or heck...even run. BUT...I am thankful I have two functioning legs that allow me to walk around. Not everyone can say that.
3. I am thankful that I am a giving person. I feel I give of myself freely - meaning my heart and my love. I would give a stranger the shirt off my back if they needed it. Sometimes I am giving to a fault - but I like that about myself! :)
4. I am thankful that I have eyes that I can see with. I can see my daughter and my husband every day. I can see the world. I am blessed to have my sight because not everyone does.
5. I am thankful I have two functioning ears. My daughters voice when she calls me "Mommia" (her newest thing) is just so beautiful. I LOVE hearing her laugh. I am TRULY blessed to be able to enjoy that sound. Not everyone can hear.
6. I am thankful that I have had enough perseverance to make my business grow into a successful. Although it's been lacking lately because I need to tend to the munchkin, I am thankful that I believed in myself enough to accomplish it.
7. I am thankful that I am a risk taker. Okay. Not really. I am not a huge risk taker. BUT I am about to embark on an entirely new adventure in my life which makes me one. I am changing my career and trying something TOTALLY out of the norm for me and I am thankful that I am FOR ONCE taking that risk.
8. I am thankful that I am (wow I am finding it hard to think of something for this one!). I am thankful...hmmm... I know! I am thankful that my body worked well enough to give birth to a healthy daughter. Not everyone can give birth. Not everyone can get pregnant. I am so very thankful I was able to do so at least once in my life.
9. I am thankful (okay...stumped again...) I am thankful I am a forgiving person. If I were not a forgiving person, I would have a lot of bitterness in my heart and in my life that doesn't need to be there. I am thankful I have learned to let things go and have learned to forgive people. I am thankful they have forgiven me too.
10. I am thankful this is over because it's hard. Okay - that doesn't count. But I am thankful that I am who I am. I am not perfect. I have flaws believe it or not. No really. I do! I know that's SO hard to believe - but I really do have flaws! (Okay - kidding of course!). I am happy being who I am. Sure, we all can want more than we have but you know what??? I am content with who I am, how my life is and where it is going. I couldn't ask for anything more! :)
Now tell me - what are you thankful about yourself??
Posted by Denise at 8:26 AM