Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Thank You To My Friends...
I think I have been truly blessed in this life time to have such wonderful people that are not just friends...but family too. I think every single friend of mine I consider to be family. I am also really blessed to have met my online friends as well - even though I don't see them face-to-face does NOT mean that I love them any less!
1. I can admit that the friends I have are TRULY caring people. I went through A LOT in 2008 and I don't think that there was one true friend that didn't take time out of their lives to let me know I can lean on them and always checked in to remind me so. I had friends who had SO MUCH other stuff going on with children, husbands, work, life, whatever, and some of it serious stuff, but they were all right there next to me, making sure I am okay...sharing condolences...and holding my hand. Something I truly needed. Something I didn't ask for. Something I received anyways. How incredibly awesome is that?? I had never lost someone that I was that close to. It was very hard on me. A TRUE friend, in my opinion, doesn't get too wrapped up in themselves to not care about others. I am BLESSED that the people in my life now are not like that!
2. My friends can make me laugh so hard I have tears streaming down my face, I can't breathe, I am laying on the floor and am about to pee myself. THAT RIGHT THERE makes me SO very thankful!!
3. I have friends that have been encouraging me A LOT lately - especially when I need it. I am about to embark on an entirely new adventure in my life and I have, once again, true friends holding my hand, telling me I can do it, and BELIEVING in me!!! How can you NOT be thankful for those moments where your friends believe in you - even if you find it hard to believe in yourself??
4. I am thankful to have friends that don't "trip". Meaning...I have true friends that understand if I forget to wish them a happy birthday or happy anniversary ON THE DAY if I have something going on...like say...a funeral. They understand that I am probably going through a lot and to NOT wish them a happy anniversary is the least of their problems...they are more concerned about what I am going through rather than their own anniversary. It doesn't mean I don't care...just means that I will be wishing a belated anniversary rather than on that day.
5. I am thankful that my friends take time out of their busy, hectic lives to call me or email me (or facebook or myspace) me to ask me how the heck I am doing if I haven't been online or returning calls as often as I usually do. Sometimes, believe it or not, I go through hard times too. I go through times I can REALLY use a friend and I find it awesome that my friends KNOW that and tune into that when they haven't heard from me.
6. I am thankful that my friends whom I lost contact with are now back in my life. It's amazing that I lost two friends this year that I was very close with, but I gained two friends that I had lost contact with! Funny how that works!
7. I am thankful that I can be ME. I don't need to pretend to be something I am not. I don't have to pretend to like something I don't. I don't have to pretend to be anything other than ME. How can you NOT be thankful for friends like that!
8. I am thankful that my friends will come over and watch the munchkin when I have food poisoning and am throwing up and...errr...well...pooping...my entire insides out. They will come over to help with her in order to allow me to sleep or go to the doctor. They will dress the munchkin when I am too weak to and they will play with her when I can barely even move because I am too weak!
9. I am thankful for the lessons I have learned. My friends are there to tell me when I am doing good...or when I am screwing up. They will tell me how it is if I need to hear it. I am THANKFUL for that...even if I pout!
10. I am just thankful for being blessed with amazing people in my life. From my friends I know in real life...to all my internet friends that make me laugh, make me cry, make me think about things in an entirely new way...I am thankful. I am thankful for each and every person in my life - in whatever capacity they are in it. And for that...I couldn't be more blessed!
What about your friends make YOU thankful??
Posted by Denise at 9:00 AM