Tuesday, January 6, 2009
I Love My Munchkin!
I am so thankful for the munchkin - I could definitely give you more than 10 reasons why...but for this week...I will keep it to 10. These are in no particular order!
1. I am so thankful for the love she has taught me. I have never known a love like this before. You always hear parents talk about this "love" for their children - but you never TRULY experience it until you have children of your own. It is such a powerful emotion in which I cannot even find the words to explain it.
2. I am thankful for her innocence. That sounds weird I bet. But I just love looking at things through her eyes. She doesn't know heartache. She doesn't know pain (other than bumping her nugget) and she doesn't know deception. She is so innocent and so pure and it is truly is amazing to see her interacting in a world that isn't always nice.
3. I am thankful for the patience I have learned (or rather...am learning). I am NOT a patient person by nature...but with the munchkin...I have to be. Sure, there are times that she can REALLY try my patience - even at her young age - but I am thankful to be learning this gift that I have never had.
4. I am thankful for the laughter. I find myself cracking up all the time over the things she does and the things she says. She can make a bad day so much better just by looking at her!
5. I am thankful for my heart melting each and every time she says "hi mom" or "mommy".
6. I am thankful for big bear baby hugs every morning I pick her up out of her crib.
7. I am thankful that I can still rock her to sleep every night - she isn't too old or too big yet!
8. I am thankful for watching her get excited over simple things like going down a slide, or even better, watching her stuffed animals go down the slide. I wish I could be more excited and more happy with the little things in life, and perhaps, I am learning to be that way, because of her.
9. I am thankful for slobbery baby kisses.
10. I am thankful she is MINE. ALL MINE. I am her mommy. She has changed my life in a way I could never ever explain. I am thankful that I was SO SO SO SO blessed to have HER as my daughter!
How could I not be thankful for this beautiful human being...
Now it's your turn...tell me about your children...what makes you so thankful about them! And...if you don't have children...tell me about some special children in your life!
Posted by Denise at 10:00 AM