Tuesday, December 30, 2008
This year seems like it came and went entirely too fast. But...I seem to say that every year. This year I have SO MUCH to be thankful for and am glad the end of the year falls close enough to Thankful Tuesday! :)
So...in no particular order...I am thankful for 2008 for many many reasons. This will be long...so stay with me as long as you can! :)
1. This year I lost my grandmother. It's been VERY hard on me - especially this holiday season. But...I AM SO INCREDIBLY THANKFUL that I had her in my life exactly 8 months this year. Also...as weird as this may sound...I am SO VERY THANKFUL that I was able to be there when she passed. I think about that day a lot and I am just so honored I got to be there when it happened. It wasn't anything morbid or scary...but something very beautiful. I miss her so so so so so much and I am just SO thankful I had the best grandmother!!!
2. I am thankful for my husband. We, like most couples, have had our ups and downs this year. However, looking back over this year...I am thankful that we have grown closer. I am thankful that he is such a wonderful father and I am thankful that he is a wonderful husband. I am truly blessed to have him by my side. I can't wait to see what the next 50 years or so has in store for us!!! I have a feeling that 2009 will also bring more changes for us! I am excited to go through them with HIM! :) Sometimes...I wonder how I am so blessed to have such a great husband!
3. Of course, I am truly thankful for my daughter. This year started out difficult with her MSPI issues but as this year comes to an end...she appears to have outgrown them! There is nothing more scary than going to change your brand new baby's diaper to find it filled with blood! I am just SO SO SO SO thankful she has outgrown the issues! I am also thankful that I decided to STOP breastfeeding and get her on her special formula. For one, I don't think I could have eaten a diet only containing range-fed lamb, turkey, squash, rice, sweet potatoes (and regular potatoes) with only salt and pepper, and pears. I give SO MUCH credit to the women who can do that - especially for an entire year, or more. I am thankful that I made the *right* decision for everyone involved (I am sure hubby wouldn't have liked me much on such a horrible diet...and I can't imagine I'd be happy either)! I am glad I made the decision to put Emily on formula. It was the difference between night and day! People say that formula can be even more detrimental to babies...but in our case, it was the one thing that healed her. I am just SO GLAD and SO thankful she has outgrown these issues and is a happy, thriving, running around, getting into everything...toddler!
4. I am so thankful for my friends!!!! This year, some of my friendships came to an end. I thought certain people were actually true friends, but my eyes were opened and I learned they actually weren't. It was pretty hurtful and there are days I am STILL pretty hurt over how everything went down. I got hurt that these friends could not and would not communicate with me (although they always said that communicating was their number one thing they did well...(sadly...they were mistaken)). But, believe it or not, there are days I really miss those friends and wonder how they are. I also find myself hoping they are doing well and that life is treating them good. BUT...with all that, I became a new me. I now refuse to beg someone to be my friend. I refuse to try and make someone WANT to take an interest in my life. I refuse to allow someone to lie about me behind my back, and sadly enough, even lie to themselves. In the process of going through all that...I met NEW friends, reconnected with friends I lost touch with, and grew A LOT closer to other friends. I am SO THANKFUL that the people in my life now...are the true friends. They are the ones that I can count on when I need anything. They are the ones that take two seconds out of their day to ask how I am...and GENUINELY want to know. They are the ones that hold my hand when I need it and and tell me like it is when I need that too!!! I am SO THANKFUL that I learned the lesson on what a true friend is. I am SO THANKFUL for all the people in my life...the ones I have known forever, the ones I just met, the ones I met through this blog who at a time or two can relate to what I went through with these friends (and just other things in life), and the ones that have re-entered my life. Thank you to all of you!!!
5. I am thankful for my mother. This year has brought us closer together because of my grandma. I couldn't imagine being any closer to her than I was prior to everything that happened with my grandma, but believe it or not, we are even closer now. I am getting all choked up thinking about her right now and thinking about how blessed I am. I am so blessed to have such a beautiful mom, someone that gives SO UNSELFISHLY. Someone that has THE BIGGEST heart of anyone I know. Someone that has taught me SO MUCH about life! I love her dearly and am SO SO SO SO SO thankful SHE is my mother!
6. I am also thankful for my dad. He has the biggest heart as well. He always wants the best for me. He always has my best interests at heart and it is SO TOUCHING to see how much he loves my daughter! It's also so touching to see how much he loves ME! I love him more than words could EVER EVER express. I am SO SO SO THANKFUL HE is MY dad! :)
7. I am thankful for my other family members. I have an amazing brother and sister-in-law with two AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME children! My niece and nephew hold a HUGE piece of my heart! They always have and they always will! I am thankful for two AMAZING step-parents that I am PROUD to say they are my parents! I have AMAZING aunts and uncles and cousins!!! I don't know how I got so lucky to have such a great family...but I am thankful I do!
8. As funny as this sounds...I am thankful for my computer. It allows me to be connected with all of you. It allows me to vent my frustrations and share my joys with all of you! It allows me to work (which I guess is important! LOL!). It allows me to meet new people. It allows me to escape for a bit when I need to! Lord knows that I needed to A LOT this year - and I am thankful I had this here to do so! I am thankful I started this blog this year. It will be something that Emily can look back on when she is older. Also, God forbid this happening, but if I were to pass, Emily would have a little bit of me to carry with her through my words on this blog. In fact, everyone would. I know that sounds morbid...but that's how my mind works sometimes!
9. I am thankful for all the laughter I have had this year. This year wasn't the easiest...but through it all...there were many times I was laughing so hard I was crying! I am so thankful for those moments to carry me through the hard times - and I can't wait to have more of those moments in 2009!
10. Lastly...but not least...I am thankful for myself. I know that may sound selfish or weird...but I am. If I were not alive, I would not have gotten to know the most amazing man, the most adorable and beautiful daughter, the great friends and my awesome family. I would not be here to witness such wonderful things. I would not be here to learn and grow. I would have missed a lot. So...I am thankful I am alive. I am thankful for this new journey I am about to embark on next year. I am thankful for just being able to go through everyday life and experience so many wonderful, amazing, scary, disappointing, sad, angry, funny, dorky, difficult, perfect moments!!!!
As 2008 winds up...thank you to each and every one of you who took time to read this little bloggy blog of mine!
What about 2008 has made YOU thankful??
PS...If I don't make it back before the new year...I wish each and every one of you a VERY VERY safe and happy new year!!!!! Looking forward to 'spending' 2009 with all of you!
Posted by Denise at 7:36 AM