Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Thankful Tuesday


The holidays always make me feel thankful - and this year is no exception! :)

In no particular order...this is why I am thankful this holiday season:

1. The munchkin is old enough to "semi" get Christmas. She doesn't like Santa and doesn't know *yet* she'll have new toys - or even why - but she sure likes the lights and the tree - which I am thankful for! It brings a smile to my face and makes me all warm and fuzzy!

2. I am thankful for the smiles and laughs and the pure joy and love I feel in my heart while I watch my daughter dance and "shake" to this jingle bells thing we have. It sings and dances and "shakes" and so does she! She gets SOOOOO excited and will scream and squeal while dancing and shaking. It TRULY is the CUTEST thing EVER.

3. I am thankful that my husband got me a GREAT gift this year. He DEFINITELY did not need to go all out and spend money on me like he did (yes I already have the gift) and I am thankful for that!

4. I am thankful that my shopping is done (okay I have to get a $5 gift for my mom's and one other thing today) and that all my presents, as of yesterday, are wrapped! :)

5. I am thankful that my friends and I get together every year to wrap presents...or at least attempt to...while having some drinks. This year 2.5 additional people came (my friend brought her daughter) and it made it even more fun! Only downfall...I had one too many chocolate martinis! Those drinks are SOOOOO good but very dangerous because they are so good! By the way...pics to be posted from that night soon - once I upload them!

6. I am thankful that we even get to have Christmas this year. Times are tough EVERY where and for most everyone. I am thankful that we are blessed to have a few presents under the tree...and heck...even a tree for that matter!

7. I am thankful that I will get to be around family this year. Family is what makes the holidays so special! I am REALLY looking forward to going to my moms (although it may be a little harder this year without my grandma) and hanging out, playing board games, and laughing and snorting (okay my cousin Michael is the snorter - and my mom is too - I am just the one that usually cries first from the laughter!). FUN times! :)

8. I am thankful that Erik's family from all over the place (Hawaii, England, Canada) will be here. Not only will I get a chance to get to know them better but they will get a chance to meet the munchkin!!!

9. I am thankful that my husband put his bah-humbugness aside and decorated the house and even took us out to look at the Christmas lights up around the neighborhood! I just love doing that and I am glad he got into it this year!!!!

10. And lastly (but DEFINITELY not least) - I am thankful just for this time of the year. I am thankful for the "magic" in the air (meaning the lights, decorations, people usually in a good mood, "Santa" being at the mall - although he came WAYYYYYYY early this year - BEFORE Thanksgiving!) and just everything about this time of the year. I usually hate when it is over because I just love this holiday so much!!!!

So from our house to yours...I wish all of you a VERY VERY VERY Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, GREAT holiday season (whatever it is you do/don't believe in).

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :)

5 comments:

Young Momma said...

You can't ever be too busy to remember to be thankful! :) I didn't know if you'd be doing it this week - with all that's going on in your family. Is everything okay? ~hugs~
Early Merry Christmas! :)

Anonymous said...

Great list, Emily will love the gifts this year :) Christmas is so much more fun watching the holidays through the eyes of a child :)

Have a Merry Christmas Denise and Family!

The Wife O Riley said...

Those are wonderful things to be thankful for. Have a wonderful holiday.

Kimmy said...

These are all great things and I have to agree with all of it!! This is my favorite time of year also. I get the whole warm and fuzzyness thing too!! The magic in the air is great!!
Oh, and yeah, what is it with Santa arriving early??!!

BTW...my mom and I are snorters too!!! LOL!!!

Lacey in the Sky said...

Girl... get your butt to Louisiana and the drinking will commence! haha!

Hope you have a lovely Christmas!