Monday, December 1, 2008

For Those Trying to Contact Me...

Last night, while giving Emily a bath, I was on the phone with Erik. We were discussing Emily not feeling well. As I was talking to him, Emily had MORE diarrhea - IN THE BATH(sorry for the weak stomachs out there) - she had gone 22 times in 5 hours. Poor thing!

At any rate, as she went to the bathroom, I hung up with Erik, sat my phone on the side of the bath and grabbed Emily. But...it was too late. I didn't think her obsession with my cell could be faster than I was...but it was.

She grabbed my phone...it submerged in the poopy water and now is not working.

I took the battery off and let it dry itself last night - but today...it doesn't work.

Sigh.

Looks like I am going to get a new phone today! :(

SO...if you are trying to contact me - just leave me a message and I will check my messages throughout the day. If you text me - I obviously won't be able to get it! :(

7 comments:

Susan said...

I had a similar experience but my phone fell in the toliet...it was flushed. Anyhow, I had to keep the battery and phone seperate and let it dry out for 3 days before being able to get it to work again. I ended up with another phone but at least I could turn on the old phone to transfer all the data to the sims card and then transfer it to the new phone. I wanted to cry. I don't know anyone's phone numbers thanks to the cell phone. I felt so disconnected. I feel your fustration. Maybe you'll get a new snazzy phone and it will feel a little better. :)

MommaKiss said...

poopy phones. Ew.

And between you & Val - phones + water do not mix my friends!!!!!

So, er, perchance it's a good time for a crackberry? You know you want one.

Kimmy said...

Ewww! That totally stinks (no pun intended ;0). Hope you get a better phone.
Poor Emily though! I hate it when my little one isn't feeling good. :o( I hope she feels better soon!

Minxy Mimi said...

I am sorry Emily is ill. My boys were this weekend too. Sorry about the cell, mine got submerged this weekend too.

Feel better!

Saundra@An Italian Mama Gone Crazy said...

Oh that poor baby!!!

So sorry about your phone too.

I hope she feels better soon!

Keep up the liquids!!!

jori-o said...

Poor baby girl...I hope she feels better soon!

The Wife O Riley said...

Oh, I'm sorry she's not feeling well. And I'm sorry about your phone. I hope the little darling feels better soon.