Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cards For Hannah...

A friend of mine shared an article with me that was in her local paper about a little girl named Hannah Garman. She has been diagnosed with an incurable brain tumor. Little Hannah is only 4 years old and the prognosis is not good.

The family is doing their best NOT to focus on the inevitable but to focus on Christmas instead. So what that means is cards. Lots of them. It would mean the world to Hannah to receive the cards. The family is stating it has already lifted her spirits.

Hannah has lost most of her motor skills and is confined to a bed. However, she has been able to open the cards and it has definitely put a smile on her face!

Tonight a convoy of 60 fire engines (the paper said 30 but it ended up being 60) and other rescue vehicles paraded over to her house and dropped off hundreds of cards for her. I was touched when I heard that part because that right there makes me proud to be a Firefighter's Wife!

I am going to be sending her a card tomorrow and encourage all of you to do so as well!

You can mail them to:

Hannah Garman
704 Orchard Road
Lititz, PA 17543

I know this sounds like all the other things you read about sick children wanting cards...but this one is real. I looked it up on snopes and sure enough,it is true.

You can read the article here.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you - Hannah is my 2nd cousin. These cards are really cheering her up. She loves stickers and glitter and pictures of the people sending her the cards!!!

Kimmy said...

Thank you for sharing this! I'll send a card also.

Kristen said...

Thanks for posting this and I too will send a card. Glad to know she is enjoying the cards and they are cheering her up.

jori-o said...

I'm addressing Christmas cards today, so I'll put her on the list. Thanks for spreading the word about a great opportunity.

The Wife O Riley said...

My card will go out tomorrow. Thank you for sharing this story with us.

Anonymous said...

I am an elementary teacher at Blue Ball (Garden Spot)and someone shared this story with our faculty and staff. We were all touched by Hannah's simple wish and our students were more than happy to make cards for Hannah. I hope she receives all of them and has the best Christmas possible!

Kristen said...

I have passed on an award to you

Merry Christmas

Kimmy said...

Hope you had a great weekend! I just wanted to let you know I passed an award your way. :o)