Thursday, March 26, 2009

I believe in prayer...

So for this week's assignment over at Mama Kat's, the prompt was to write about someone you are praying for.

As mentioned in my last post, I was praying for my uncle to come through surgery okay and for them to get all the cancer. I was also praying that it had not spread to other parts of his body.

I am SO HAPPY it went well. It had not spread and they think they got it all. Only time will tell so I am going to continue to pray for him.

After I got the good news he was doing well...I heard about someone I know whose sister, Katie, was NOT doing well. She was just informed she has stage 4 inoperable lung cancer. She has never smoked in her life. She is only 30 years old.

She can use all the prayers she can get. She had her appointment yesterday with the oncologist and is starting chemo. Good news with that is that it is not suppose to have such horrible side effects as other kinds of chemo. She should not lose her hair and should feel okay enough to go to work - except for days she is receiving the chemo.

I HATE CANCER. It has affected wayyyyy too many people I know. I hate it.

Thirty is just soooooooooooooo young to have this. It has made me so sad since I read the news. I have been praying and praying for her and if any of you have room in your prayers...could you add her too???

8 comments:

Unknown said...

This is heartbreaking! I will pray with you today!

Anonymous said...

I will definitely pray for her. :)

Jolene said...

I will keep her in my prayers....

Sandra said...

I am so happy for your Uncle... and will continue to keep you friend in my prayers...

Cancer sucks big ones... I really feel like the cure is out there...and they won't share it because it is just too big a business... Isn't that just the most cynical thing ever?

I can't help it... its how I feel.


It was nice to see you on the Mr. Linky!

Brandi. said...

It's so sad to hear those things. I don't really pray, but I will keep her in my thoughts...

Minxy Mimi said...

My thoughts are with her. Thats so sad

MommaKiss said...

FTC as in F*ck The Cancer.

'Nuff Said.

The Wife O Riley said...

I will definitely be praying for her and your uncle.