Sunday, March 29, 2009

Is That A Lobster On Your Head Or Are You Just Happy To See Me??

Last night hubby and I attended our first lobster feed with a local fire department! It wasn't the first one they have hosted - just the first one we have been to. I must admit...it was probably one of the best nights I have had in a very long time! It was SO INCREDIBLY FUN! Good drinks, good friends and awesome food...you can never go wrong!!! :)

The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we couldn't have asked for a better day...


We got there, stood in line, and then got inside to be seated. We were supplied aprons (instead of bibs) and these wonderful little hats! LMAO!





We mingled a tad and took a look at the silent auction to see if there was anything we wanted to bid on. There was...and so we bid on this...

Before we bid we called the hotel to see what rooms go for. They go for about $600 per night for a room and we figured since the bidding started A LOT lower than that - we would bid. We have not had a night out since the munchkin was born. Actually...pretty much since we got married. We have not had a honeymoon and although this is not a honeymoon...it will still be a night...away...just us. A MUCH needed night away...just us. So I was excited! :)

So we placed our bid, headed back to the table and got dressed in our aprons and were ready for the food...


And then it started! They come and pour your dinner right out in front of you and you shell and eat everything (literally...EVERYTHING) by hand...


Our food...

Dinner...

Beyond full...

A view from above...


After dinner they do an auction for other things and I REALLY wanted to win this:

Heck...I even raised my hand for a $500 bid (knowing I'd be outbid). It went for $6800!!!! How insane is that! However...we DID manage to win our hotel stay! I CAN'T WAIT! :)

This was us before we headed out to the car...


It was SUCH a fun night! While you eat they play music and it seemed like everyone was singing along. They also showed a slide show of various fires - even ones hubby went on! I felt VERY proud to be a firefighter's wife! I CANNOT wait until next year!!

4 comments:

Kimmy said...

Awww...that really sounds like a great time! I just totally love the picture of you with the lobster hat.....I want a hat!! LOL

Minxy Mimi said...

Looks like you had a great time, love the hats!!
Enjoy the night away!

The Wife O Riley said...

That looks like a really great time! Congrats on winning the hotel room, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Young Momma said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you had a blast! I've got to say - I'm suuuper confused on where you live. Where the fire department is and where your office is... I'm lost! LOL ;)